Victor Hugo 18
1. Welcome to participants
2. Adoption of agenda
3. Approval of minutes and matters arising of last meeting
4. Update from the Action Chair
5. Follow-up of MoU objectives
6. Review of First Grant Period activities
7. COST Office reporting tasks planning
8. Approving Second Grant Period Workplan and budget
9. Scientific planning
10. Training school planning
12. Location and date of next meeting
13. Summary of MC decisions
Hotel List: http://www.lpds.sztaki.hu/lpds/accoms
1. Hotel NH Budapest City 10 minutes walking distance from SZTAKI.(~100 euro).
2. “Adina Apartment Hotel Budapest”.3 minutes walk (~120 euro).
3. “Danubius Health Spa Resort Helia”. 10 minutes walking distance from SZTAKI. (~100 euro). http://www.danubiushotels.com/en/our_hotels/hungary/budapest/danubius_health_spa_resort_helia
4. “Judit Apartment House”. In front of the SZTAKI building. (~40 euro).
Transfer from the airport
Airport Shuttle Bus
Most participants will arrive at the Budapest Ferihegy Airport. The simplest means of transportation to any place in Budapest is via the Airport Minibus service. This door-to-door Airport Minibus Service is reasonably priced (one way ticket: 3000 HUF/10 EUR). The minibus service is located outside of customs area transfer can be booked there. Travellers will purchase a voucher and proceed to the waiting area for your van to arrive. The wait is generally 10-20 minutes. Those who schedule round-trip transportation must call to re-confirm their return trip at least 24 hours in advance of their flight.
A bit more expensive but prompt transfer service is provided by several taxi services. The approximate price of a one way travel from the Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport to the centre of Budapest is about HUF 8000/car. Since taxi the prices are standardized you can take the taxi company you like. In order to book a car, please visit the website of a company.
You may take bus 200 from Ferihegy Terminal 2 to Kőbánya-Kispest. From Kőbánya-Kispest the Metro Line 3 (blue) takes you to the Lehel tér (square). If you come from the centre, go out on the rear of the subway. There is the beginning of the Victor Hugo street, and the building is on the third corner.
Transfer from Keleti pu. (Eastern Railway Station)
Take Trolley bus 76 from “Keleti pályaudvar” to “Hegedűs Gyula utca”. SZTAKI building is right opposite to the trolley stop.
Transfer from Nyugati pu. (Western Railway Station)
Take Metro Line 3 (blue) from Nyugati pu. to Lehel tér (1 stop to “Újpest központ” direction). Go out on the rear of the subway. There is the beginning of Victor Hugo street, and the building is at the third corner.
Transfer from Déli pu. (Southern Railway Station)
Take Metro Line 2 (red) from Déli pu. to “Deák Ferenc tér”. Change to Metro Line 3 (blue) to Lehel tér (3 stops to “Újpest központ” direction). Go out on the rear of the subway. There is the beginning of Victor Hugo street, and the building is at the third corner.
Please find 2 pdf files containing a 1-hour-tour and a 3-hours-tour of Budapest, both leaving from SZTAKI building. Because some people may not have much time to see the city, these maps might help them discover as much as possible.
This information has been kindly provided by the local organizers of the meeting.