The table below shows a list of the STSM grants allocated in NESUS COST Action in the fourth grant period.
From June 1st 2017 IC1305 NESUS is open for receiving STSM applications.
We plan to fund 12 STSMs over a period of one year. The maximum planned funding per STSM is 1300€ provided that the visit is at least 15 days. The finding could be reduced if less. Please note that the financial support available via this scheme is a contribution to the travel and subsistence cost of a STSM and may not necessarily cover all the costs.
Funding will be allocated according to the following criteria:
– The Applicant should be engaged in a research programme as a post-graduate student, postdoctoral fellow or be employed in an institution in a NESUS member country. Each application has to be submitted together with an agreement from the host institution. The Applicants are responsible for obtaining the agreement PRIOR to submitting the application.
– The research subject of the STSM must be relevant for NESUS.
– The Applicant and its host must be from two different NESUS member countries.
– STSM funding is a contribution towards travel and subsistence costs, and cannot be used as a salary.
– The duration of a standard STSM should be minimum 5 working days and maximum 90 days. Visits, longer that two weeks will be given a higher priority.
– All STSMs need to be carried out within their entirety within a single grant period and within the Action’s lifetime.
– Geographical and gender balance issues will be taken into consideration. Applications from ESR will be favored. (ESR stands for ‘Early Stage Researchers’, i.e. researchers with PhDs + up to 8 years of research experience.)
During the third year of the NESUS Action, STSM applications will be received continuously, however, decisions for approval will be taken following FIFO order as soon as possible.
NOTE: THE SHORT TERM SCIENTIFIC MISSION SHOULD FINISH BY March 15th, 2018.
The procedure concerning STSM is governed by the COST Vademecum, in particular, Chapter 6. All applicants must complete, submit and upload their STSM application online.
Applicants should follow the directions provided below and submit their application and supporting documents by logging into e-COST. Please, read carefully the user guide provide by COST.
The application should be done at least a month before the STSM started.
Also, applicants should send a copy of the documents (via e-mail as an attachment) to STSM coordinator Dr. Maya Neytcheva.
- Motivation letter and work plan, as in the online submitted application form
- Support letter from the host institution
- Support letter from home institution
- A full CV including a list of publications
– Mandatory for COST: After the STSM, applicants will have to produce a report with a minimum of 2 pages (in a .pdf format), a photo and a short report, describing the work and the outcome for the newsletter (in an editable format, such as .doc or .txt). A special attention to the short report should be paid, as the newsletter is disseminated to a broader public.
– Mandatory for NESUS Action: It is mandatory to write also a joint technical report following NESUS format and including authors from the host institutions and the institution of the STSM grantee. This report should have a minimum extension of 8 pages.
– It is advisable to generate a joint journal or conference paper.
Depending on the topics and relations to NESUS work packages, each application is sent to a reviewer, who assesses the relevance and the usefulness of the outcome for achieving the aims of the action.